Monday, November 17, 2008

Alaska is a Winter Wonderland

The snow up here is beautiful!!! I'll just cut right to the chase and post the pictures =) It has been a while since I have been out shooting.


This is a view about 6 miles from my apartment. Fairbanks is somewhere under that fog:
Photobucket


The lack of wind allows everything to stay covered in snow. Everything is white and beautiful!!!:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was actually pretty scared walking away from the car to take some of these shots for one very specific reason:
Photobucket
These moose tracks were right next to where I was shooting and I had no idea how fresh they were. Moose do actually kill people here in Fairbanks, so you always need to be careful. The advice I have been told is that if you are ever charged at by a moose, you should run to the nearest tree, stand behind it, and keep VERY still. Moose, apparently, have very bad eyes and are quite stupid...so if you hide behind a tree I guess they can't see you and then they forget what they were charging at.

Needless to say, a moose did not charge me down =)

School is going well. We are in the late stages of concert preparation. Dec. 3rd is right around the corner!! I hope everyone out there in blogging land is doing well.
Only 34 days, 21 hrs, 09 mins, 13 secs from this very moment until I am back in MN =)

Rock on,
~Mr. Lockwood

1 comment:

rowdy said...

Jeeze, excited to get back home for bit?!