Thursday, November 20, 2008

Murphy's Law holds true in Alaska!!!

Funny story. Today, I took the day off from school to get things done around town that can only be done during business hours, like: get an Alaskan Drivers License, get measured for a tux, get an oil change, look into emission testing for my car, and possibly get a bock heater put in The Swamp Donkey. I got out to the car at about 9:30, opened my door, turned the key...and nothing happened. My car wouldn't start. It got ridiculously cold last night (about -30) and my car did NOT enjoy it. I think it is funny that the day I wanted to go out and winterize my car was the very day that winter messed it up. After a few phone calls, I came to the conclusion that a tow was the only way I was getting anywhere, so I called up my assistant principal for suggestion on a good auto shop. he has been very knowledgeable and helpful in many situations...and this one is no different. I called to tell him my problem, and instead of suggesting a good shop, he tells me he is on his way to my apartment to help. We hook up "The Swamp Donkey" to some jumper cables and wait a few minutes for the frozen battery to take a charge. I get the car started up and I am off to run my errands. My assistant principal ROCKS!!!

I didn't get everything done I wanted to, but I did most of it. I was fitted for the tux I will be wearing on New Years Eve for Satan's wedding, I got an oil change, and I now have an Alaska State Driver's License. It is kinda funny...I get a good picture taken of me once every five years...and that is my DL pic. I hate every picture of me unless it is on a small piece of plastic that I keep in my wallet.

Photobucket
(I blurred out the information that people might be able to use for identity theft. I trust my readers, but not the other people who might swing by)

Well, I think I am going to go and take a nap before I have community band rehearsal.
Have a great week!
~Mr. Lockwood

4 comments:

rowdy said...

That's funny, that is a good picture you! Hey, I didn't send you a copy of the finalized Agnus Fluffer-Butter did I? That was dumb. I should have let you check it over one more time before spending $30 to print it and mail it to ALASKA! I'm stupid. Well, go to my portfolio, I have it up there.

Sorry I have so many deleted posts. My HTML is a little rusty. Okay, I hope this is the last time I have to re-post this...

Cari said...

wow he is a nice guy, and that is a good picture! i'm glad things are going well for you, but i'm glad that we get to see you in 4 1/2 weeks! i also am getting excited to come up and see you this summer! it will be awsome!

rowdy said...

Yay pop out comment windows!!!! Now I can leave a comment and still see your pretty face on your driver's license AT THE SAME TIME!! WOO HOO!!

Cari said...

Hey you! Happy thanksgiving. Hope you had a good one. See you soon. Cari