Monday, May 11, 2009

A Quick Little Update

Hello all you out there in Blogging Land! It is crunch time here at Randy Smith. Seven days of school left..that's it! We had our concerts last week; Concert, Varsity, and Jazz bands were on Tuesday and Choir and Orchestra were on Wednesday. The kids did GREAT!!! I am very proud of every last one of them! If you are down with middle school music, here are a few pieces we performed:
Bands - Los Banditos, Highlights from Harry Potter, Overture de Argentina, Into the Storm (a GREAT Robert W. Smith piece), Semper Fidelis, La Noche del Burrito Picante, All Blues, and Manteca
Orchestra - Londonderry Air, Gargoyles, Hoedown, and Rosin Eating Zombies from Outer Space (if you are a middle school orchestra teacher you MUST play Rosin....it is awesome!)
Choir - What Do You Do With a Drunkin Sailor, Alleluia Canon (by Mozart), Carry Me Home, and a great Gloria Deo! Oh yeah...we also sang a short arrangement of You Are My Sunshine that I did.

It was a great week, but VERY exhausting. I still do not have internet at my cabin, so these blog updates are actualy hapening at school (like this one.) I am looking into getting internet...hopefuly soon. Well, Jazz band is going to be starting in about 25 mins, so I should get ready. Have a great day everyone!!

Rock on
~Mr. Lockwood

3 comments:

rowdy said...

Do you have internet yet?

Bobb said...

No internet at home yet. I am still using either work's or the University's.

rowdy said...

Poop. So do you get pretty bored at the cabin then? Or is it pretty awesome? Maybe I should just wait until your next post.... I don't know. I'm just excited about hearing about the cabin!!!