Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day one...Afton, MN to Saskatoon, SK

I wish I had more time to write today, but I was up at 3:30am this morning and sat in a car for over 14 hours...I am tired. I have a few pictures to share from day one. I have more, I just do not have the energy to post them. Maybe once I'm settled in.

Please keep in mind all of these picture were taken out the window of my car (don't worry, most of them were taken while I was not driving) so the quality is not the best. once we hit the Alaska Hwy, I think we are going to allow us some stopping and looking around time...but we just wanted to make as much progress the first day as we could. Over 900 miles is pretty good progress if you ask me =)

So we got up before the sun and started our drive:















As the sun was coming over the horizon, we experienced a LOT of fog. I am still learning the best way to shoot in fog, so these pictures did not turn out the best. (I'll tell you what is NOT the best way to shoot in the fog...sitting in the passenger seat of a car going 65 mph) However, I have a few cool ones. I'll post this one now, maybe more later.













After the sun dried out the morning fog...we hit North Dakota. It was flat and boring!!!













I thought, yeah, it is a beautiful day, but what could be more boring than flat, lame, North Dakota?















Flat, lame, Southern Saskatchewan! LAME!!!! Oh well. At least I had great company =) I am super sleepy now, so I am going to bed. I may not post tomorrow since we are going to be at Fort Saint John, British Colombia tomorrow, and it looks like that is a pretty small town. Perhaps when we reach Whitehorse, Yukon Territory the day on Thursday I'll have time to post. Otherwise, you may have to wait until the weekend.

Take care everyone!!
~Bobb

No comments: