Friday, August 15, 2008

Day Three of Teaching in Alaska

Hello everybody!!

Things are going well again. I probably seemed a little stressed out in my last post...well, I was, and I will be for the first year up here teaching...but I have been given some GREAT advice from a lot of people. My problem is that I want to know EVERYTHING!!! I am a very curious person who loves to learn. I am asking tons of questions and everyone in the school is giving me TONS of great information...but I am on overload. I have way too much info coming in and not enough cognitive capacity to comprehend it! I sat down with the assistant principal and he helped me out a greatly! He helped me put some time tables in place and assisted me on prioritizing everything I need to do. I just need to take things one step at a time and only look about a day or two into the future...in other words, stop trying to plan the whole year out before the first day! Monday is 7th grade orientation, so I will be able to meet some of my students...that's pretty exciting =)

I wish I had more time to explore the town and post some pictures...but I have been too busy. Don't worry, they will come =) I went down to The Pump House again for dinner tonight...MAN I love that place. Everyone who visits me will be eating there, just so you know! This weekend will be spent mostly at school getting my syllabus written and preparing my classroom for the first day of school. I am very excited!!! Still nervous, but pumped to get things rockin!

I hope everyone out there in "Blogging Land" has a great weekend, and I will be posting more stories and hopefully a few pictures sometime next week.

Rock on!
~Mr. Lockwood

1 comment:

music_teacher09 said...

Hang in there! Just remember you don't have all the answers and everyone there knows that as well. The only way to learn is to actually do it. Trust me, once you get into a rhythm everything will take care of itself.

Rock on,
Satan