Monday, August 4, 2008

Welcome to my Blog =)

Ok, this is my first attempt at "blogging," so please be gentile. I think the word "blogging" is ridiculous, I think the idea of "blogging" is very narcissistic (hey everyone...come read a whole bunch of random crap about ME!!) and I think the amount of time wasted on reading "blogs" is pointless...however; if there ever was a time to start a blog it is now. I would like to start off by saying I AM NOT AN ENGLISH MAJOR!!! There will be spelling errors, there will be grammatical errors, there will be words that are spelled right but do not make any sense in context...that's the way I write. I hope you can get use to it =)

If you are reading this, you probably know me. I am Bobb. I am moving to Alaska to teach music. I am the new 7th - 8th grade band, orchestra, and choir teacher at Randy Smith Middle School in Fairbanks, Alaska. I thought it would be a fun idea to set up a site where all of my family and friends could visit to check out what's new 3000+ miles away. As most of you probably know, I LOVE photography. I will try to post many pictures from my adventures here along with a few stories. I will also try to keep this as "Family Friendly" as I can so you can share this site with your kids =)

The adventure starts tomorrow (8/5/08) a little before sun-up. I plan on taking lots of pictures during the drive to Alaksa, so come on back and check them out.

Rock on
~Bobb

5 comments:

Josh said...

Woot! I got your first blog comment. Sorry I can't make it out tonight. Enjoy your dive and the journey and adventure that begin when you get there!

Good luck man!

Josh said...

PS, that comment is me, Josh.

Janice said...

I'm so glad you've started a blog so we can enjoy your adventures!!! Post often with LOTS of photos!!!

Anonymous said...

BOBB! Welcome to the world of blogging. I'm addicted.

I'm so excited for you and I'm looking forward to hearing of your new adventures.

Drive safe!

Unknown said...

Hey Bobb....I just want to say one thing other than the obvious best wishes...thank you for being a friend. Also...next Spring/early Summerish...make room in your place, Piercey and I are headed your way...and one other thing...let me know your new address once you get settled in...Talk To You Later, Thank you for being a friend, best wishes...Andrew C Johnston