Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fort St. John, BC to Whitehorse, YT

A.K.A. Bobb and Stephen's Quest for the Mystical Swamp Donkey

I feel great right now...sleepy...but great. I had some Arctic Char for dinner and I am now sitting in my hotel finishing up a cocktail. I am excited to spend my last night on the road. I should be arriving in Fairbanks around 3:00 local tome (that is 6:00 Central time...eh) So, the drive today was a little long (12.5 hours) but it was BEAUTIFUL!!! I took tons of pictures, but time is not something I have a lot of, so I will have to post most of them later - but like promised, I will post a few now =)


Again, we were up at the crack of dawn. The sun is up a little after 5am this far north!!



We were on the Alaska Highway the whole time...it was beautiful!!!!!!

I liked this sign......and I guess they meant it =)

We hit mountains pretty early in the day and had an amazing view!


oh yeah...I started a check list of all of the wildlife we have seen so far.
Deer: 7
Swamp Donkey: 0
Bison: 3
Wild Horses: 2
Crows: 17,835
Abandoned Vehicles: 3
Bear: 0

I have a few others on the list that are at zero, but I didn't feel the need to tell my readers about the wonderful thing we did NOT see. All I know is that I better see a freaking bear tomorrow or I am going to walk up to the Canadian government and punch someone in the throat! Oh yeah, a Swamp Donkey would be great to see as well (That is actually what I named my new car...The Swamp Donkey!)

Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

Josh said...

I like that second picture of the road. The sky looks so BIG!

mommie4 said...

Bobb,

Awesome pictures! We look forward to hearing all about your journey this year. We'll miss you!!

Clay family